Workshop on Research Paper Writing [19 – 21 December 2018]
- Last Date for Application: Extended to 10 December 2018
- Venue: Kanpur University, International Guest House
- Mr. Kamal Srivastava: 8299140231/9721990988
- Dr. Sanjay Kumar: 8858378872/7007187681
The ‘Centre for the Study of Society and Politics’ (CSSP) is a Research Centre at Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh). It concentrates on qualitative improvement in higher education and research.
It has been observed that university/college teachers and researchers face genuine problems in producing quality research papers especially in peer-reviewed and internationally acclaimed journals. CSSP has taken initiative to make some positive intervention in that direction.
We are organising three-Day workshop from 19 to 21 December 2018 to give training in research paper writing in Social Sciences.
1. Applications are invited from Teachers/Scholars. The application should include the following-
- Name (With scanned Photo)
- Address –
- Subject –
- Institution –
- Status – Teacher/Ph. d /M. Phil Scholar/Others/
- Email –
- Mobile no. –
- Details of Fee Paid online –
- For Teachers: Rs. 5000/- (Five Thousand only).
- For Students: Rs. 3000/- (Three Thousand only)
3. Payment of Fees should be made online. The following details are given-
- Centre for the Study of Society and Politics
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Branch: Sharda Nagar, Kanpur
- A/C: 09142010032130
- MICR Code: 208022004
- IFSC Code: ORBC0100914
Kindly send your application (along with details of Fee paid online) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The last date for applications is extended to 10th December 2018.
5. Venue: International Guest House, CSJM Kanpur University, Kanpur
6. Accomodation: Outstation participants will be provided accommodation in Kanpur University Guest House on payment basis.
7. All participants will be provided free lunch and tea for the entire duration of the workshop.
8. No TA/DA shall be admissible to participants.
9. Certificates will be given to all participants.
The Workshop would cover the following aspects in particular-
- What is Research Paper?
- Why write Research Papers?
- Types of Research Papers
- Analytical Paper
- Argumentative Paper
- Descriptive Paper
- Qualitative Paper
- Quantitative Paper
- Theoretical Paper
- Empirical Paper
- How to begin Writing a Research Paper?
- The Success Mantras
- Pre-Writing Stage
- How to select a Topic using Funnel Model
- What is Review of Literature and How to do it? How it helps in –
- Finalisation of Topic
- Finalisation of Research Question
- Writing the Text of Paper
- One Research Paper should have how many Research Questions?
- What is Critical Thinking?
- How to Use Library, Online Libraries, Online Resources
- How to Structure a Research Paper?
- How to Develop Reading Agenda for Research Paper?
- Free Thinking
- Brain Storming
- The Writing Stage
- The Post-Writing Stage
- Size of Paper (Word limit)
- How Many References?
- End Notes or Foot Notes?
- Which Referencing Style to adopt?
- Ethical Issues in Writing
- Plagiarism and how to avoid it?
- How to use anti-plagiarism software?
- How to select a journal for your Paper? Criteria?
- UGC Approved
- Impact Factor
- Academic Brilliance
- Question/Answer Session