Contributed Chapters in Books
Chapters in Edited Volumes –
1. Saffron Sweep in Uttar Pradesh’ in Electoral Politics in India: Resurgence of the Bhartiya Janata Party (Ed.) Suhas Palshikar, Sanjay Kumar & Sanjay Lodha, Routledge, London, New Delhi, 2017
2. ‘Identity, Identification, and Political Representation: The Missing Scheduled Tribes in Uttar Pradesh’ in Fixing Electoral Boundaries in India: Laws, Processes, Outcomes and Implications for Political Representation’ (Ed.) Mohd. Sanjeer Alam & K. C. Sivaramakrishnan, Oxford University Press, 2015
3. Decline of Backward Caste Politics in Northern India: From Caste Politics to Class Politics, in Sudha Pai (Ed.) “Handbook of Politics in Indian States: Regions, Parties and Economic Reforms”, Oxford University Press, 2013
4. ‘Casteism: Threat to National Integration’, in ‘Perspectives on National Integration’ by Abdur Raheem Kidwai & Mirza Asmer Beg (Ed.), Viva Books, New Delhi, 2012.
5. ‘Virtues of Politics and Politics of Virtues’ in ‘Dharma and Ethics: The Indian Ideal of Human Perfection’, D. C. Srivastava & Bijoy H. Boruah (Ed.), Decent Books , Delhi, 2010.
6. ‘Uttar Pradesh: From Exclusionary to Inclusive Politics’ in ‘Electoral Politics in Indian States: Lok Sabha Elections in 2004 and Beyond, Sandeep Shastri, K.C.Suri, Yogendra Yadav (ed.), Oxford University Press, Delhi, 2009.
7. ‘Backward Caste Politics in Uttar Pradesh’, in ‘Political Process in Uttar Pradesh: Identity, Economic Reforms and Governance, Sudha Pai(Ed.), Pearson Longman, Delhi, 2007
8. ‘Trading Cows, Not Horses – Towards A Clean Politics’, in Kashyap, Subhash C. (ed.),Coalition Government and Politics in India, Vimot, New Delhi, 1997.
9. ‘Political defections in India: in Search of a Conceptual Frame’, in Virender Grover(ed.), Volume VI, Electoral System, Behaviour and Elections, Political System and Constitution of India, 1997.
10. ‘Parliamentary System With Stability’, in Nigam, N.C.(ed.), ‘Contemporary Issues of Indian Polity, Girraj K. Gaharana felicitation Volume, D.S.College, Aligarh, 1996, pp.129-135.
11. ‘Factionalism in the Congress party in Uttar Pradesh’ in Verinder Grover and Ranjana Arora.(ed.), Encyclopedia of India and Her States, 10 volumes, Vedam Books, New Delhi, 1996.